Saturday, July 10, 2010

Mango Banana Sorbet

Two of my best friends gave me a bright orange ice cream maker for a house warming present a few weeks ago. I’ve made a few batches with recipes I found on food network. So far I’ve made Avocado, Banana, and Coffee Chip ice cream. All were delicious but with more sugar (and fat) than I’m used to cooking with. I decided to take what I had learned and make up my own recipe for my fourth attempt at a yummy frozen desert.  I am really happy with the texture and flavor of my creation.

001

Mango Banana Sorbet

2 Bananas (Frozen and then Thawed)

2 Mangos (peeled and diced)

3 Tbsp Agave

Juice of 1/2 lemon

Blend all ingredients together and then chill in Refrigerator for a couple of hours. Dump into ice cream maker and let it do its job. Transfer to an air tight container and freeze for at least 4 hours. Enjoy with some fresh berries.

 

Ruth

No comments:

Post a Comment