Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Car Caddy: The Sequel

In the grand tradition, between Ruth and me, of “anything you can do, I can do better”…I have made a car caddy. Now, I wouldn’t say that it’s better, but it’s definitely cute! You be the judge…here’s hers…and here’s mine:

IMGP8773IMGP8772

I used the same tutorial from Jill. I straight stitched a felt applique on the denim front, just like Ruth. I found the graphic through a google image search and then adjusted it a bit. The inside is yellow canvas (leftover from an apron I made recently), black denim with yellow zigzag lines for the road (from a skirt I made in high school, I think), and red corduroy with black bias tape for the pockets. I got fancy and used the ol’ embroidery machine for the letters and stars.

IMGP8771

Love it!

signature

1 comment: